The inoculant is a kind of inoculant that can promote graphitization, reduce the tendency of white mouth, improve the morphology and distribution of graphite, increase the number of eutectic groups, and refine the matrix structure. good effect. It is mainly suitable for general occurrence or late instantaneous inoculation in various situations.
Overview of silicon-barium inoculant:
The silicon-barium inoculant is a bulk metallurgical material formed by mixing silicon powder and barium powder according to the required proportion, and then steel-making in a high-temperature furnace. It is an additive in the casting process of the foundry, which can promote graphitization, reduce the tendency of white mouth, improve the morphology and distribution of graphite, increase the number of eutectic groups, and refine the matrix structure. Within (about 5-8 minutes) have good results.
Specifications of silicon barium inoculant:
Silicon≥65 Barium 2.0-6.0 Calcium 1.0-2.0 Aluminum 1.0-2.0
Ferrosilicon granules are referred to as silicon granules, that is, ferrosilicon inoculant, an inoculant used in steelmaking, ironmaking and casting. At present, the ferrosilicon particles of Hengxing Metallurgy have the following specifications: 0.2-0.8mm, 1-3mm, 3-8mm, 8-15mm
The silicon content of commonly used ferrosilicon inoculants is above 72
Inoculation treatment refers to adding a small amount of other substances to the liquid metal during the solidification process to promote nucleation, inhibit growth, and achieve the purpose of refining grains. Traditionally, adding additives to cast iron is called inoculation treatment; adding additives to non-ferrous alloys is called metamorphic treatment. Essentially, inoculation treatment mainly affects nucleation and promotes grain dissociation; while metamorphic treatment changes the crystal growth mechanism (inhibits growth), thereby affecting the crystal morphology.
1. Strongly increase the graphitized core, refine the graphite, promote the A-type graphite in the gray iron castings, and improve the strength. For the ductile iron castings, the graphite in the ductile iron can be made small and round, and the spheroidization grade is improved.
2. It can effectively reduce the subcooling degree of molten iron, promote the precipitation of graphite, significantly reduce the tendency of white mouth, reduce the relative hardness, and improve the machining performance of castings.
3. Strong anti-recession ability, the anti-recession time is twice that of 75 silicon, the addition amount of silicon-barium inoculant is lower than half of 75 ferrosilicon inoculant, and at the same time prevents the associated spheroidization recession.
4. Small wall thickness sensitivity, improve section uniformity and reduce shrinkage tendency.
5. The chemical composition is stable, the processing granularity is uniform, and the composition and quality deviation are small.
6. Low melting point (below 1300°), easy to absorb and melt during inoculation treatment, and very little scum.
Is there some awareness of inoculants now? thanks for reading!