Silicon is used in large quantities to smelt ferrosilicon alloy as an alloying element in the steel industry and as a reducing agent in the smelting of many metals. Silicon is also a good component in aluminum alloys, and most cast aluminum alloys contain silicon. It is usually classified according to the content of the three main impurities of iron, aluminum and calcium contained in the silicon metal component. Silicon metal can be divided into different grades such as 553, 441, 411, 421, 3303, 3305, 2202, 2502, 1501, 1101, etc.
Industrially, silicon metal is usually produced by reducing silica with carbon in an electric furnace. Chemical reaction equation: SiO2 + 2C → Si + 2CO The purity of the silicon produced in this way is 97~98%, which is called silicon metal. It is then melted and recrystallized, and impurities are removed with acid to obtain silicon metal with a purity of 99.7~99.8%.
Silicon metal appearance
The appearance of silicon metal is usually silver-gray crystalline, with a relatively smooth surface without roughness or bulges caused by oxidation products.
Silicon metal uses
silicon metal has a wide range of uses, mainly in the following aspects
1. Semiconductor industry: Silicon metal is an important component of semiconductor materials and is used to manufacture integrated circuits, solar panels, LEDs and other electronic devices. Its high purity and good electronic properties are widely used in the electronics industry.
2. Steel smelting: In the metallurgical industry, silicon metal is an important alloy raw material. Adding appropriate amounts to steel can improve its hardness, strength and wear resistance, and improve its physical and chemical properties.
3. Casting industry: silicon metal can be used as a casting material to improve the toughness and thermal fatigue resistance of castings and reduce casting defects and deformation.
4. Solar thermal power generation: Silicon metal is also used in solar thermal power generation. By focusing solar energy on the surface of Silicon metal, the light energy is converted into thermal energy, and then the thermal energy is used to generate steam to drive a turbine generator to generate electricity.
5. Nanomaterial preparation: Through appropriate chemical reactions and processing methods, silicon metal can be converted into nanoparticles, nanowires or nanofilms.
Anyang Jinsheng Metallurgical Materials Co., Ltd. is located in the Longquan Town Development Zone, Long'an District, Anyang City, in the northern part of Henan Province. As the junction of Shanxi, Henan, and Hebei, our company has convenient transportation conditions.
Economically, Anyang City, China's ferroalloy distribution center, has contributed to China's steel industry, casting industry and other enterprises. Culturally, Anyang is the birthplace of the ancient Chinese characters Oracle and Zhou Yi, and is also one of the ancient capitals of China's eight dynasties.
Anyang Jinsheng Metallurgical Materials Co., Ltd. is an economic entity integrating assets, operations and production. It is committed to the R&D and production of ferroalloy charge, metallurgical refractories and other products. Our company is mainly engaged in the production and sales of: ferrosilicon, (blocks, granules, powder , balls, etc.), ferromanganese, spheroidizing agent, inoculant, carburizer, slag remover, silicon carbide, silicon barium, silicon barium calcium, silicon aluminum barium calcium, silicon carbon alloy, silicon aluminum ferro, ferrochromium and other metallurgy Materials can be customized and processed into products of various contents and particle sizes according to customer requirements;
In the development milestone of the new century, Anyang Jinsheng Metallurgical Materials Co., Ltd. is willing to cooperate sincerely with friends from all walks of life, based on the principle of honesty and trustworthiness, and accepting all customers regardless of size, customer-oriented, relying on technology and management, and Integrity is the foundation, we strive to achieve mutual benefit and win-win, seek common development, and contribute to the revitalization of the national economy.