Calcium silicon powder is a powdery alloy obtained by crushing, grinding and sieving silicon calcium alloy.
Why are silicon-calcium alloys commonly used as deoxidizers?
Calcium and silicon have great affinity with oxygen, and the deoxidized products are easy to float and discharge, so the molten steel deoxidized by silicon-calcium alloy is relatively pure. When making high-quality steel and special alloys, silicon-calcium alloy is often used as deoxidizer.
Calcium silicon is mainly used as an inoculant for cast iron. Calcium silicon alloy has a strong reducing ability and is also used as a deoxidizer for high-quality steel.
Calcium silicon alloy application:
1. Both calcium and silicon have a strong affinity for oxygen. Calcium, in particular, not only has a strong affinity with oxygen, but also has a strong affinity with sulfur and nitrogen. Silicon-calcium alloy is an ideal composite adhesive and desulfurizer.
2. Silicon alloy not only has strong deoxidation ability, and the deoxidized products are easy to float and discharge, but also can improve the performance of steel, and improve the plasticity, impact toughness and fluidity of steel.
3. Silicon-calcium alloy can replace aluminum for final deoxidation, and is used in the production of high-quality steel, special steel and special alloys. For example, steel grades such as rail steel, low carbon steel, and stainless steel, and special alloys such as nickel-based alloys and titanium-based alloys,
4. Silicon-calcium alloys can be used as inoculants for cast iron and additives in the production of ductile iron.
5. Calcium silicon alloy is also suitable as a warming agent for converter steel training workshop
Silicon-calcium alloy particle size:
Silicon-calcium alloy standard block: 10-100mm, 10-80mm, etc.;
Calcium silicon particles: 1-3mm, 3-8mm, 8-15mm, etc.;
Calcium silica powder: 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 325 mesh, etc. can also provide various specifications and particle sizes according to customer requirements;