First of all, metal silicon powder and Silicon fume are not the same product, and there are essential differences between the two.
1. Metal silicon powder: It is powdered silicon powder made of metal silicon (industrial silicon) after grinding.
Metal silicon, also known as crystalline silicon or industrial silicon, is mainly used as an additive for non-ferrous alloys. Industrial silicon is also used as an alloying agent for demanding silicon steel, a deoxidizer for smelting special steel grades and non-ferrous alloys. After being processed by a series of processes, industrial silicon can be drawn into monocrystalline silicon for use in the electronics industry.
The use of metal silicon powder
1. Silicon metal powder is widely used in refractory materials and powder metallurgy industries to improve the high temperature resistance, wear resistance and oxidation resistance of products. Its products are widely used in steelmaking furnaces, kilns and kiln furniture.
2. In the organosilicon chemical industry, metal silicon powder is the basic raw material for organosilicon polymer synthesis, such as the production of silicon monomers, silicone oil, and silicone rubber preservatives, thereby improving the high temperature resistance, electrical insulation and corrosion resistance of products. properties, anti-corrosion, waterproof and so on.
3. Metal silicon powder is drawn into single crystal silicon, and the processed silicon wafer is widely used in high-tech fields, and is an indispensable raw material for integrated circuits and electronic components.
4. In the metallurgical casting industry, metal silicon powder is used as a non-ferrous alloy additive and a silicon steel alloy agent to improve the hardenability of steel. Industrial silicon powder can also be used as a reducing agent for certain metals, for new ceramic alloys, etc.
2. Silicon Fume
Silica fume Silica fume, also known as silica fume, is the smoke and dust recovered from the production process of metal silicon or ferroalloy. Because the silicon dioxide contained in the silica fume is very high and the particles are extremely fine, it is not only used in rubber. , paint industry, it is also widely used in concrete and other industries! The silica fume has pozzolanic activity.
Silicon powder application:
1. Control the segregation and bleeding of concrete materials, reduce or avoid defects such as honeycomb, pockmarked surface, weak interlayer, cracks and milky skin in concrete.
2. Improve the compressive strength of concrete. Tests have shown that microsilica can greatly improve the strength of concrete.
3. Improve the durability of concrete, improve the impermeability, frost resistance, abrasion resistance and corrosion resistance of concrete
4. Improve the carbonization resistance of concrete. For reinforced concrete, adding silica micropowder can not only improve the bond strength between the matrix and the steel bar, but also enhance the corrosion resistance of the steel bar.
5. Improve the fluidity and density of refractory materials, and improve the high temperature strength and thermal shock resistance of refractory materials
The most important point is that there is a big difference in the price of silicon powder and metal silicon powder. The price of metal silicon powder is several times that of silicon powder.